To ensure that our users (customers/users) can rely upon the quality of products and services we make available, CU CHANNELS stands behind the following principles:
- We will collect only the information that is necessary to conduct our business and provide competitive financial products and services.
- Users will always have access to their information. Users will have the opportunity to review their information to ensure that account records are complete and accurate.
- CU CHANNELS protects customer information and maintains strict internal controls for this purpose.
- CU CHANNELS shares information only when absolutely necessary. We partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements and offer products designed to enhance our Users' economic well-being.
- Users may elect to discontinue receiving non-required promotional materials through a notification to CU Channels.
CU CHANNELS will adhere to Federal and State regulations in regards to individual privacy issues.
Your Privacy is CU CHANNELS's Priority - At CU CHANNELS, our customers are our highest priority. So naturally we want to protect the personal and financial information you've entrusted with us. For this reason, we would like to explain some of our procedures, which are intended to protect your privacy.
- Restrictions on the Disclosure of Account Information. Organizations should not reveal specific information about user accounts or other personally identifiable data to unaffiliated third parties for their independent use, except for the exchange of information with reputable information reporting agencies to maximize the accuracy and security of such information or in the performance of bona fide corporate due diligence, unless: 1) the information is provided to help complete a user initiated transaction; 2) the user requests it; 3) the disclosure is required by/or allowed by law (e.g., subpoena, investigation of fraudulent activity, etc); or 4) the user has been informed about the possibility of disclosure for marketing or similar purposes through a prior communication and is given the opportunity to decline (i.e., "opt out").
- Information We Share with Consumer Reporting Agencies. It is commonplace for organizations like CU CHANNELS to share information about user accounts with consumer reporting agencies. However, if you believe some of the information we have shared or may share is in error, please let us know by writing to:
PO Box 1950
West Lafayette, IN 47996-1950
- Information We Share within CU CHANNELS. To be able to respond to your inquiries and determine which CU CHANNELS products would be most useful to you, our Web server automatically recognizes the consumer's domain name and e-mail address. We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail. We also collect information on what page consumers access or visit and information volunteered by the consumer, such as application and survey information. The information we collect is used to: improve the content of our Web site for your future visits, customize the content and/or layout of our pages for each individual consumer, notify consumers about updates to our Web site, and notify consumers of new products.
- Promotional Offers We Share with You. If we have a promotional offer or product which we think would be of interest to you, we may let you know by mail, phone, e-mail, and sometimes with the help of a third-party communication company. In all cases, we only work with approved vendors who meet our security and privacy concerns and who agree, in writing, to hold confidential all user information and allow us to check their practice of our strict standards. Many users find these special offers helpful, as they are informative and sometimes communicate special pricing.
- Limiting Employee Access to Information. We seek to limit employee access to personally identifiable information to those with a business reason for knowing such information. CU CHANNELS believes in educating employees so that they will understand the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy and believes in taking appropriate measures to enforce employee privacy responsibilities.
- How We Respect Your Right to be Left Alone. We will not use or allow others to use our user information except to offer products or services we believe to be of interest to our customers.
CU CHANNELS does not knowingly collect or maintain, nor is our website designed or directed, to use personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If a child whom we know to be under the age of thirteen (13) sends personal information to CU CHANNELS online, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child, notify parents, or seek parental consent.
Do Not Call List. At your request, we'll put you on our Do Not Call List excluding you from all telephone solicitations by CU CHANNELS. Just write us at the following address (no call requests):
ATTN: Administrative Services
P.O. Box 1950
West Lafayette, IN 47996
You must include complete and legible information about each name, address and phone number to be excluded. If you have moved or changed your name or phone number, please include your old name, address, and phone number as well as your new name, address and phone number. It may take up to 12 weeks for your request to be completely fulfilled. CU CHANNELS is not responsible for the services or actions of the Direct Marketing Association.
At CU CHANNELS, your business is very important to us and we do our best to ensure your satisfaction. If at any time we can help you further, please do not hesitate to call (765) 497-8800 or (800) 410-4884.